Sunday, November 25, 2007

Week 8, Thing 18: Take a look at some online productivity tools

I've had the opportunity to work with text and spreadsheets on google docs, but I haven't yet worked with their presentation program. Agreed--certainly cheaper then buying microsoft products, and available anywhere. However, the actual process of creating the document was a bit clunky. I didn't have quite all the tools I needed, and it took a while for the web application to respond. A better bet is to create the document with a desktop program, then upload to google docs--which sort of defeats the point, no? I've also heard a rumor or two about security...or the lack thereof.

Great idea. Needs a wee bit more work before it becomes a regular part of my world.

In the meantime, take a look at the presentation that I created.

No comments: