Sunday, November 25, 2007

Week 9, Thing 20: Discover YouTube and a few sites that allow you to upload video

I recently discovered the digital divide. It's smack dab between me and my younger brother. Upon asking him if he watches some popular television show, he responded, "enh, if it's not on YouTube I'm not watchin' it." I admit to wiling away many happy hours on YouTube, but it's not (at least yet) my primary source of video entertainment.

As a tribute to my brother, the first video I've chosen to post is the first in Hank and (YA author) John Green's Brotherhood 2.0 series. This year, the two brothers have vowed to communicate solely through vlogs. Watch just a few and you'll be hooked. Their real-life relationship is funny and honest and funny and surprising and funny.



While I have your attention, take a look at a few more library-related "stuff".

Many publishing companies have been posting "trailers" for their latest books.



Even more fascinating are the fan videos...about books! Here is just one of many, many fan videos about the teen novel, Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.



Finally, some group called Expanded Books held a competition for student filmmakers to make trailers for teen books. Here's one of the winners.

No comments: