Sunday, November 25, 2007

Week 9, Thing 23: Summarize your thoughts about this program and learn more about where to go from here

It's been swell!

I've had a great time learning new things like social bookmarking, learning that I've already been participating in Web 2.0 by using stuff like Flick and YouTube, and learning from my colleagues and their blogs.

I hope that everyone who participated understands why we did what we did. Here's what I think.... I've learned some new skills I can use in my personal life. I've generated some ideas about new services to offer. I feel more able to connect with young people. And I feel more confident about answering customer questions. (Regardless of what we think our role is, many of our customers see us as the gatekeepers to technology. They come to us to use the internet, right? Ergo, we should know how everything on the internet works!)

Finally, I know I've blogged about many ideas for potential services as we've taken this journey. I'm sure that others have, too. I hope our decision makers take the time to collect these ideas and put some of them to good use!

Now, I'm going to start downloading stuff to my MP3 player. Perhaps I'll share some of it in the coming weeks.

No comments: